Our gut health determines our overall health and well being.
Top tips for improving digestion and absorption, and therefore glowing skin.
1. Apple cider vinegar – Use as salad dressing. This stimulates the hydrochloric acid in your stomach for digestion.
2. Probiotics – Take a probiotic supplement everyday. It repopulates the gut with good bacteria.
3. Lemon juice in warm water on rising – which stimulates gastric juices.
4. Eating slowly in a relaxed environment.!
5. Not drinking with your meals – 20 minutes before and after. Water dilutes the gastric juices that are vital for the break down of our food.
6. Start each meal with something raw (e.g. salad) to get your digestive enzymes fired up and ready to break down your food!
7. Chew your food 10-20 times…before you swallow…please! You will put much less pressure on your digestive system by doing it.
8. Alkaline your body: avoid acidic foods like alcohol, caffeine, sugar, salt and wheat. Stay away from the processed and packaged! Sugar feeds the bad bacteria!
9. Avoid antibiotics where possible – they effect the balance of healthy bacteria in the gut.
18. Drink up! And with filtered water if possible! Fluid helps to remove excess waste and keeps our bowels healthy!
19. Have a cup of chamomile tea at night – it soothes and relaxes the bowel wall – and aids constipation!
20. Increase your fibre intake! This keeps your bowels moving. Love your leafy greens- they are high in fiber!